|Posted on May 20, 2017 at 9:30 AM|
In my new weekly Conscious Business Development Training, I share with you tips + guidance + inspiration for growing your online presence as a healer, solopreneur, author, or inspired creative.
This week I'm sharing with you something important about having a small email list!
Believe it or not, there are advantages to having a smaller email list right now.
As your email list grows, you start to pay for it at a higher monthly rate.
As you start to pay more for your email list, you do not want to be paying for freeloaders.
By "freeloader", I mean a person who has never, ever, ever opened an email from you.
So in this video, I share with you a few tactics for eliminating freeloaders.
It will pay off - literally - in the long run.
|Posted on April 6, 2017 at 10:10 AM|
The Write Beach Retreat is now open for inspiration! Enjoy 5 days and 4 nights in a charming beachside hotel in Cocoa Beach, Florida as you take your writing career to the next level with deep-dive workshops + realistic directions + practical guidance for putting your unique brilliance on paper.
Especially beneficial for writers of the following genres:
Memoir | Non-Fiction | Spiritual/Inspiration
"The funny thing about a writing career is that you can only plan so much of it. The high points come out of the blue; the low points seems to drag on longer than anticipated; and the inspired writing phases can pass in the blink of an eye.
Each of my 10 books came about through various inspirations and situations that I never planned or had mapped out. My first book, "The Art of Trapeze", took 5 years to write, and I dealt with rejection from literary agents and discouragement within myself. But once the book was finally complete and released, it took off and sold over 30,000 copies globally, hitting #2 on Amazon behind "12 Years A Slave". (Yes, a small part of me wanted to let those literary agents know about that. I then wrote 3 more books in one year, followed by 4 more books in 2 years.
It is a very exciting time to be a writer and to follow this path because there are an incredible amount of resources, strategies, and opportunities for you right now.
And your biggest responsibility through everything is to just keep showing up for yourself.
The Write Beach Retreat will support you no matter where you are in your process because it will be geared to what you are experiencing right now with your writing projects.
It's time to write on - and I would love to help you with whatever writing project is calling to you now."
|Posted on March 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM|
~~ November 8 to November 12, 2017 ~~
Enjoy 5 days and 4 nights in a charming beachside hotel in Cocoa Beach, Florida as you embark on a transformational journey of soul growth + beautiful healing + inner joy + deeper wisdom.
Your journey so far has gifted you with joy and challenges, lessons and healing, love and forgiveness.
Your soul has been with you through every breath - but can you hear its deep wisdom and loving support?
Life can get in the way of that connection.
Or else your mind, ego, and emotions can interfere with the messages.
This signature multi-day beach retreat honors your journey thus far, transforms how you view yourself, pushes you deeper into your heart space, and opens you up to what you want to create next in your life.
Anything is possible. Your soul is ready to take you forward - and is waiting for you at the beach!
Registration opens next week! $99 reserves your spot.
|Posted on March 8, 2017 at 12:30 PM|
Grow Your Business + Passion + Joy with
Designed especially for Indie Authors, Solopreneurs, Mompreneurs, Healers
and Inspired Creatives
Save time + money + frustration + overwhelm with cut-to-the-chase guidance!
I'm excited to share with you first-hand the realities of success, failures, best practices and corporate secrets from 20+ years of business experience.
A library of topics with a new video released every week
|Posted on February 16, 2017 at 11:30 AM|
With over 30,000 copies of The Art of Trapeze downloaded, I have a few things to share with you about writing a memoir.
Top 10 Thoughts On Writing A Memoir, Putting It Out Into The World, and Realizing People Read It
1. You'll only feel good about what you write if it comes from your heart, which feels like a big-fat-giant risk at first. However, there are enough ego-based books out there, full of platitudes and typical outcomes and mainstream advice so trust that what you authentically share is relatable to YOUR peeps (not everyone, just YOUR peeps who are on the same wave length).
2. You'll hate the book a million times before you hit publish on Amazon. It will be in the trash, the gutter, and heavily edited many times as you wrestle with what to say. The creative process is never dull.
3. Private messages from readers will touch you. Discussing depression, success, love, adventure, emotional vulnerabilities, and fears on paper will push you deeper into yourself. It will all sound crazy and lonely at times, until you receive unexpected feedback, such as:
"Molly, This book is going to stay with me for a while. Thank you for its gifts."
"I have experienced many of the things you shared in your memoir, but as a male, it isn't socially acceptable for me to put it out there."
"Your words inspired me to heal something I've been avoiding. I also shared this book with my best friend, I hope you don't mind."
4. An author never minds if you share their book with your best friends.
5. It will be the worst book in the world to some reviewers. Bad reviews are part of being a public artist; it comes with the territory. (Personal attacks, unfortunately, are standard these days for authors. I have seen a lot of slander and mean things written for numerous memoirs. Readers are smart; they see through this when they are your peeps.)
6. It will be the best book in the world to other reviewers. Just do not tell these people about Hemingway, Angelou, Thoreau, Joyce, Theroux, Whitman, Kingsolver, Harper Lee, Dr. Seuss, etc.
7. Neither being the best nor the worst will be true. You'll just be the best writer you could have been at that time.
8. With a memoir, your children will see the truth of who you were back when you were young, adventurous, foolish, unrestrained, and open to the world. Perhaps you will have forgotten this version of yourself, too, until you catch a brief glimpse of the book cover somewhere out in the world.
9. At the end of your life, you'll be proud that you took a shot and contributed a small fraction of a small life story to the larger whole of storytelling.
10. Take the risk to go deeper. Memoirs have the power to intimately connect with a reader. Honor this opportunity in the best way you can. Life is a grand adventure, so why not put yourself out there just a bit more, trusting we have more in common than we realize.
|Posted on January 23, 2017 at 11:05 AM|
Building your online business as a solopreneur, indie author, and/or inspired creative requires you to have a solid online foundation (website) while also developing ongoing marketing channels (social media, email, relationship) that create engagement, demonstrate expertise, and offer valuable information.
I'm going to help you get to the next level and EXPAND your business in 2017 - and believe me, I CANNOT wait to support you in creating your dream business.
https://www.mollymccord.online/blog" target="_blank">The Expansion Month-to-Month Business Development Program gives solopreneurs, indie authors, and inspired creatives a designated roadmap for building their passion into a results-based and sales-oriented business.
With monthly Business Education and Training Videos, Sales and Marketing Webinars, Live Q&A Calls, and Expert Resources, entrepreneurs are led with practical, realistic business guidance for long-term growth and stability.
Topics include Platform Expansion, Business Finances, Branding, Hiring, and more key essentials for today’s driven entrepreneurs who will be tomorrow’s global moguls.
Debuts this month!
My new business videos are designed to help you take your
passion + business + books to higher levels of joy + results.
- Overview + Perks of Being an Indie Author
- So You Want To Make More Money
- Make It Personal. Your Brand's Success Depends On It
|Posted on December 17, 2016 at 8:20 AM|
I had a good Happy Hour conversation with my boss a few years ago about engaging our 8 million email subscribers on a deeper level.
See, the size of your list does not mean people are actually interested or engaged or buying.
Corporations are lacking something that YOU as an Indie Author, Solopreneur, and Inspired Creative already possess.
Do you know what that is?
Watch this new video over here on my new vlog for what I recommend you do to increase engagement with your readers + audience.