|Posted on February 16, 2017 at 11:30 AM|
With over 30,000 copies of The Art of Trapeze downloaded, I have a few things to share with you about writing a memoir.
Top 10 Thoughts On Writing A Memoir, Putting It Out Into The World, and Realizing People Read It
1. You'll only feel good about what you write if it comes from your heart, which feels like a big-fat-giant risk at first. However, there are enough ego-based books out there, full of platitudes and typical outcomes and mainstream advice so trust that what you authentically share is relatable to YOUR peeps (not everyone, just YOUR peeps who are on the same wave length).
2. You'll hate the book a million times before you hit publish on Amazon. It will be in the trash, the gutter, and heavily edited many times as you wrestle with what to say. The creative process is never dull.
3. Private messages from readers will touch you. Discussing depression, success, love, adventure, emotional vulnerabilities, and fears on paper will push you deeper into yourself. It will all sound crazy and lonely at times, until you receive unexpected feedback, such as:
"Molly, This book is going to stay with me for a while. Thank you for its gifts."
"I have experienced many of the things you shared in your memoir, but as a male, it isn't socially acceptable for me to put it out there."
"Your words inspired me to heal something I've been avoiding. I also shared this book with my best friend, I hope you don't mind."
4. An author never minds if you share their book with your best friends.
5. It will be the worst book in the world to some reviewers. Bad reviews are part of being a public artist; it comes with the territory. (Personal attacks, unfortunately, are standard these days for authors. I have seen a lot of slander and mean things written for numerous memoirs. Readers are smart; they see through this when they are your peeps.)
6. It will be the best book in the world to other reviewers. Just do not tell these people about Hemingway, Angelou, Thoreau, Joyce, Theroux, Whitman, Kingsolver, Harper Lee, Dr. Seuss, etc.
7. Neither being the best nor the worst will be true. You'll just be the best writer you could have been at that time.
8. With a memoir, your children will see the truth of who you were back when you were young, adventurous, foolish, unrestrained, and open to the world. Perhaps you will have forgotten this version of yourself, too, until you catch a brief glimpse of the book cover somewhere out in the world.
9. At the end of your life, you'll be proud that you took a shot and contributed a small fraction of a small life story to the larger whole of storytelling.
10. Take the risk to go deeper. Memoirs have the power to intimately connect with a reader. Honor this opportunity in the best way you can. Life is a grand adventure, so why not put yourself out there just a bit more, trusting we have more in common than we realize.
|Posted on February 13, 2017 at 11:50 AM|
Consciousness is the understanding that everything around us has meaning associated with it. Everything has consciousness because everything has energy. Becoming more conscious is an opening to greater awareness about the interconnectedness of all things, including all energies beyond the realms of the five senses. Exploring consciousness invites expansion into higher levels of awareness.
From the words we say and the actions we take, to our food, numbers, rocks, animals, geographic locations, and everything else around us (a rather large category), all energies hold consciousness.
Consciousness involves many overlapping factors that contribute to an energetic whole. On an individual level, our emotions, thoughts, vocabulary, and actions all hold a type of consciousness that reflects our personal energy.
On a global scale, humanity is collectively creating a level of consciousness about the human experience, the planet, nature, and our responsibility to the earth. Mass consciousness is a reflection of our collective energy.
There are currently five dominant types of consciousness present today, co-existing, spreading, retracting. I am specifically identifying these as types of consciousness and not levels because levels implies hierarchy or dominance. Using the word type is highly intentional as a way to move beyond the polarities of good and bad; right and wrong; better and worse.
Each type of consciousness offers a different perspective, understanding, and opportunities for growth. Each type has value in providing information and describing experiences. Each type also allows us to choose what perspective is best for our individual, and collective, growth.
|Posted on February 11, 2017 at 9:35 AM|
How exciting for an indie author to see their book next to publishing powerhouses!
Especially in the company of a memoir that just won the Golden Globe for Best Picture!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my book a bestseller among these incredible titles. Humbled, honored, proud, motivated.
The Art of Trapeze is essentially the hero's journey for spiritual growth, and the story includes numerous layers of inspiring messages:
~ Dreaming big and believing in your Self
~ Unexpected success can unfold in many ways
~ Building on your experiences to improve your life
~ Taking inspired action with confidence and courage
~ Responsibility for your energy in all ways
~ Facing your Shadow Self and unconscious emotions
~ Clearing, releasing, purging, transformation
~ Peace, Self-Love, JOY, and Happiness
~ The perfection of the bigger picture
~ The Eternal Truths of our human experience
And don't forget, The Art of Trapeze is the first book in a series. The grand adventure continues in The Modern Heroine's Journey of Consciousness as we dive into the five types of consciousness, the spiral and the elevator, soul contracts, the 11 stages of spiritual growth, and a lot more.
I hope all of these insights and examples continue to support you on your life path!
|Posted on January 11, 2017 at 9:25 AM|
I loved this book and couldn't put it down.
Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born was written and researched by Robert Schwartz with the intention of remembering the deeper meaning of your life purpose. The main message of the book is simple: Every person, experience, situation and feeling in our lives was planned as a way to bring us back to love and to serve our soul's highest growing needs. With the assistance of channelers and intuitive counselors, Robert dives into various life circumstances of many people to determine why they chose to experience certain pivotal life events. Illness, addiction, deafness, blindness, difficult childhood experiences and death are all explored with soul-level honesty.
Reading these stories brings a new peace about life. One of my favorite aspects of the book was the personal understanding I experienced within myself due to similar life themes with other people's stories. Even though our life stories are very different, the intention to heal, Love and be of service is the same. Your Soul's Plan reminds us of our core purpose in living despite what our human minds and physical surroundings might interpret from time to time. Even though I "know" about these soul-level agreements and their purpose, I am still constantly in search of more stories and examples to learn from.
Below is a brief summary of what Your Soul's Plan offers:
- Learn why each of us decides to experience such challenges as illness, the death of a loved one, and accidents. Other challenges explored from the perspective of pre-birth planning include being the parent of a handicapped child, deafness, blindness, drug addiction, and alcoholism.
- Understand how you as a soul create your life blueprint
- Consciously use your challenges to foster spiritual growth
- Understand that the people in your life, including your parents and children, are there at your request, motivated by their love for you to play roles that you scripted
- Replace anger, guilt, and blame with forgiveness, acceptance, and peace
- Deepen your appreciation of and gratitude for life as a soul-expanding, evolutionary process
If you would bring light and healing to humanity
but believe your impact constricted by role,
your power weakened by circumstance,
your reach limited by injury from physical accident,
rest assured that all the world knows that you are here.
You are heard. You are seen.
And where your voice does not carry
and your feet cannot tread,
even so does every soul feel your presence
on levels beyond conscious, human perception.
And your impact radiates farther still,
throughout the dimensions,
dimensions that appear to be
but are not
far removed from you.
The light you live,
the forgiveness you extend,
the healing you create,
and the love you remember yourself to be
are deeply felt by all in body
and all in spirit.
|Posted on December 30, 2016 at 9:00 AM|
Your Light has been on a very long journey. Your Soul has traveled dimensions, timelines, and channels of Light to experience the fullness of a human adventure. You are a conglomeration of star sprinkles and Light waves compressed into a physical body that is alive with a story longer than time. You are timeless.
And yet you are here. On Earth with feet and hands and hair and an inquisitive mind. You feel an urge to question, explore, seek, and understand. You wish to discover your purpose, your reason for being. You feel led to understand your Soul more, which is such a human frame of mind because how do you understand that which is unexplainable in words? Your Soul is a dynamic energy field of Light, sound, and even higher vibrations that do not register on the energetic Richtor scale.
The Soul Purpose Question is typically asked because it holds great expectations and weight: “If I know my Soul Purpose, I will know everything I need to do!” The Soul Purpose Question is a big one, yet it has a very simple answer:
You are alive to upgrade all areas of your life to the vibration of Self-Love.
Excerpt from free 44-page ebook: GUIDED BY YOUR LIGHT ~
|Posted on December 29, 2016 at 9:15 AM|
We are moving through fascinating energies right now, and if you're looking for a comprehensive resource with insights and brilliance about these changes, I am so delighted to share The Book of Transformation by Lisa Barretta with you.
In eight chapters, Lisa explains the layers of energies we are working with, the process of transition, the various roles held by many of us, and how to take care of ourselves during the shifts. Her writing style and wisdom makes every chapter digestable and interesting, especially with the easy-to-absorb checklists that allow you to do a quick check-in on your own experience.
Lisa has some of the best information I've read on the different generations and what they are here to contribute. As an Indigo born in the late 1970s, I personally appreciated her insights about this group and how we are here to do a lot of work, growth and transformation, personally and collectively.
The Book of Transformation guides you through the phases of your awakening and shows you what you can expect as you evolve into a world defined by frequency and light. In this revolutionary book, you will:
- Discover how to successfully “hack into” the nonverbal universal language of synchronicities and number patterns
- See how the Indigo, Crystal, and Rainbow Children are the precursors to our evolutionary “upgrade”
- Learn the symptoms of shifting into a higher frequency
- Understand how the chakra centers are the hub for your extrasensory psychic system
- Recognize that birthmarks are signs of past-life traumas
- Learn how to prepare yourself to welcome visitors from other star systems
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book with the intention of sharing a review with you. The thoughts here are my own and I do not receive any compensation based on whether or not you purchase a copy. Although I hope you do - because it's amazing!
|Posted on December 16, 2016 at 6:35 PM|
The spiritual evolution and consciousness expansion will continue on our planet, and it is also a time to celebrate our Selves, our lives, our essences, and our journey as each component has culminated in the experience of NOW.
In "Your Awakening Self: Connect Deeply With Your True Evolving Soul", 26 spiritual topics will open you up further to the innate wisdom of your soul gifts that you are ready to receive now.
As your awakening journey unfolds, new parts of your Self come forth to greet you and this inspiring guide reminds you to stay in your power, integrity, and highest intentions as you greet each day.
Here's a peak at the 26 topics covered in this one book!
1. Your Awakenings
2. Your Spiritual Growth
3. Your Authenticity
4. Your Self-Judgment
5. Your Boundaries
6. Your Dreams
7. Your Energy
8. Awakenings Require You To Grow
9. Your Spiritual Integrity
10. Your Relationship Changes
11. Your Discernment
12. Your Allegiance
13. Energetic Exfoliation
14. Spiritual Upliftment
15. Energetic Independence
16. Energetic Intentions
17. Practical Application of Your Spiritual Knowledge
18. Honoring Your Authority
19. Spiritual Life Cycle Stages
20. The Big Bang Theory and Birthing New Worlds Within
24. Lighthouses, Lightshiners
25. Living With Flow and Flexibility
26. Living As Your Fully Awakened Self
Can these topics assist you right now? Would any of them help you on your path?
|Posted on December 14, 2016 at 8:05 AM|
Being an indie author has been the right path for me.
Is it right for you?
If you like "creative control" over your projects (the nice way of saying you're a control freak, ha!), you'll definitely want to explore this publishing option.
https://www.mollymccord.online/blog/" target="_blank">Watch this video over here on my new vlog for an overview + perks of what it means to be an indie author in today's dynamic online environment.
https://www.mollymccord.online/blog/" target="_blank">Come over and check it out!
|Posted on December 2, 2016 at 10:20 AM|
|Posted on November 27, 2016 at 12:40 PM|
|Posted on November 12, 2016 at 6:25 AM|
The most powerful thing you can do for yourself, and everyone, is keep your energy high and clear.
Since this has been a time of many emotions and fears, I'm offering one of my books, CONSCIOUS MESSAGES, for free to everyone around the world in order to assist anyone with the intention of raising their perspective and energy.
From November 12th until November 16th, you can download this ebook for free to help you center, balance, and return to your Soul's natural state of consciousness.
A practical, uplifting collection of high-vibrational messages to elevate your energy!
From affirming that Where You Are Is Where You Need to Be and owning your personal truth, to cosmic perspectives on emotional energy, being in alignment with your intentions, and expanding beyond limiting belief systems, these brand new 21 channeled messages provide you with simple, direct perspectives about stepping more fully into your Soul’s light.
Inspiring messages include Personal Alignment, Living From Your Heart Space, Making Conscious Changes, Self-Acceptance and Self-Love, and Elevating the Energies of a Catastrophe with a Soul Perspective.
(*Please verify the price is free before downloading as you are responsible for what you download. Some internatinal Amazon sites may be delayed in showing the free price due to time zone issues and/or technical issues.)
I hope this gift returns you to what you know is true for you and humanity. <3
Copy/paste the correct link for your country
|Posted on November 3, 2016 at 1:45 PM|
And those are the best kinds of whispers!
|Posted on October 21, 2016 at 11:45 AM|