Modern spiritual growth is complicated, empowering, and ongoing. Enjoy inspiring thoughts, radio show topics, book reviews, astrological and energy updates, meditations, affirmations, and much more to connect you to your soul's consciousness awesomeness. ~ Molly
|Posted on December 13, 2017 at 7:45 AM|
Every week, we talk about the astrology and energies of the week ahead!
Get a heads up on what is going on - and perspective that you're not the only one feeling it. My podcast has been going strong since 2012 with the intention of supporting you with insights and a few laughs.
Join bestselling author, consciousness teacher, intuitive and astrologer Molly McCord for this lively weekly show! Molly shares inspiring cosmic messages, astrological updates, spirituality insights, and timeless wisdom to add empowering awesomeness to your life - and have some fun along the way! Molly's spiritual awakening began in 2002, and she delightfully offers her years of growth and experiences in each episode to inspire, uplift and upLIGHT your journey.
|Posted on December 10, 2017 at 11:30 AM|
With over 30,000 copies of The Art of Trapeze downloaded, I have a few things to share with you about writing a memoir.
Top 10 Thoughts On Writing A Memoir, Putting It Out Into The World, and Realizing People Read It
1. You'll only feel good about what you write if it comes from your heart, which feels like a big-fat-giant risk at first. However, there are enough ego-based books out there, full of platitudes and typical outcomes and mainstream advice so trust that what you authentically share is relatable to YOUR peeps (not everyone, just YOUR peeps who are on the same wave length).
2. You'll hate the book a million times before you hit publish on Amazon. It will be in the trash, the gutter, and heavily edited many times as you wrestle with what to say. The creative process is never dull.
3. Private messages from readers will touch you. Discussing depression, success, love, adventure, emotional vulnerabilities, and fears on paper will push you deeper into yourself. It will all sound crazy and lonely at times, until you receive unexpected feedback, such as:
"Molly, This book is going to stay with me for a while. Thank you for its gifts."
"I have experienced many of the things you shared in your memoir, but as a male, it isn't socially acceptable for me to put it out there."
"Your words inspired me to heal something I've been avoiding. I also shared this book with my best friend, I hope you don't mind."
4. An author never minds if you share their book with your best friends.
5. It will be the worst book in the world to some reviewers. Bad reviews are part of being a public artist; it comes with the territory. (Personal attacks, unfortunately, are standard these days for authors. I have seen a lot of slander and mean things written for numerous memoirs. Readers are smart; they see through this when they are your peeps.)
6. It will be the best book in the world to other reviewers. Just do not tell these people about Hemingway, Angelou, Thoreau, Joyce, Theroux, Whitman, Kingsolver, Harper Lee, Dr. Seuss, etc.
7. Neither being the best nor the worst will be true. You'll just be the best writer you could have been at that time.
8. With a memoir, your children will see the truth of who you were back when you were young, adventurous, foolish, unrestrained, and open to the world. Perhaps you will have forgotten this version of yourself, too, until you catch a brief glimpse of the book cover somewhere out in the world.
9. At the end of your life, you'll be proud that you took a shot and contributed a small fraction of a small life story to the larger whole of storytelling.
10. Take the risk to go deeper. Memoirs have the power to intimately connect with a reader. Honor this opportunity in the best way you can. Life is a grand adventure, so why not put yourself out there just a bit more, trusting we have more in common than we realize.
|Posted on December 9, 2017 at 1:10 PM|
The cosmos says it is time to share with you a real world story of working with astrological transits!
I recently moved through, and completed, a very tough spiritual lesson with a famous "spiritual" author and expert. This woman obsessively targeted me and my work for 6 years, with the intention of damaging my professional reputation, and this episode is how I did not allow her to take me down.
I share this story with the intention of supporting more people to understand this archetype of Shadow Female energy and to find greater strength in your path as you proceed ahead, knowing that astrology always has your back and supports exactly what you're here to heal and clear.
Also, it's a good reminder that karma WILL be a bitch because Saturn does not forget what was said, done, or harmed in the real world.
|Posted on December 8, 2017 at 1:30 PM|
What trends are emerging for authors and entrepreneurs in 2018?
Let's take a look at what is most likely to increase in popularity, decrease in effectiveness, and bring in more results from your target market.
Hear what is taking off and how you can make the most of these options.
I'll share with you 12 trends I foresee as more people begin publishing their books and building up their businesses online.
New show for awake and conscious entrepreneurs, authors, healers, experts, and teachers! Inspiring, real world stories every week about clients, readers, business and books to support building your dream career. We'll discuss Business and Books topics to help you grow as an entrepreneur, author, solopreneur, healer, or anyone offering their gifts to the world.
|Posted on December 5, 2017 at 3:10 PM|
We never pursue a dream alone, and we never create something meaningful on our own.
Caché Paris: A Guidebook to Discover New Places, Hidden Spaces, and a Favorite Oasis has been in the works, off and on, for nearly 6 years now. And as it is finally released, there is one person whom I credit with being able to follow my heart and experience Paris as a local - my momma.
When I needed to buy a new American laptop while in Paris, she was able to expedite the process from home and send over the right computer that was compatible with my current digital stuff - things you don't think about until you're abroad!
When I was shipping my cats across the Atlantic, she was on the other side of the ocean making things happen and verifying that all of the dots (and meows) were being connected.
When I knew it was time to come home, she was that strong voice on the other side of the phone reminding me to trust myself and to trust that the decision was right.
And she was the beautiful face that visited me a few times in Paris, so we could explore the city together and enjoy every pastry shop we found ourselves in.
This book is dedicated to my amazing mom who, more than anyone, supported my dream of moving to Paris. It was her ongoing generosity, love, advice, and multiple visits to the City of Lights that I credit with a pivotal time in my life, and by consequence, the existence of this guidebook.
May her support of my time in Paris now benefit your memorable travels there, as well!
|Posted on December 4, 2017 at 10:20 AM|
|Posted on December 2, 2017 at 1:15 PM|
This is a big topic for healers, authors, guides, teachers, and anyone sharing their gifts: How do you present, market, and sell your offerings with value?
There are a number of approaches people use to convert their leads into sales, and yet you may not be aware of what is really happening under the surface of these tactics.
We'll look at various approaches to getting people's money, including The Con, The Hustle, and The Exaggerations that are commonly used online.
I'll share with you examples of each of these approaches, plus help you get clearer on how you want to genuinely connect with your people in a valuable way.
New weekly podcast for awake and conscious entrepreneurs, authors, healers, experts, and teachers!
Inspiring, real world stories every week about clients, readers, business and books to support building your dream career. We'll discuss Business and Books topics to help you grow as an entrepreneur, author, solopreneur, healer, or anyone offering their gifts to the world.
|Posted on December 1, 2017 at 12:35 PM|
|Posted on November 29, 2017 at 2:05 PM|
When my website (this one you're on) debuted in 2011, I was both ecstatic and anxious because there were no other websites on consciousness out there.
A lot of blogs were focused on self-help, lifestyle, food, inspiration, crafts, astrology, and more. But I hadn’t found a spiritual website on consciousness, so who knew what would come of this idea. No guarantees, but hey, give it a shot. Within months, people found the website, signed up for emails, joined the membership area (now closed), enrolled in astrology classes, and asked for personal sessions. All great feedback! Good to see that this content was useful and connecting with people.
Yet as my website grew in homepage views and blog sharing, I started to be targeted by someone with a bigger following who duplicated what I offered. It could only loosely be called “plagiarism” (in legal terms) yet it was all too close for comfort to me.
It smelled wrong.
I had never followed her, or even knew what she was doing; I never read her books or even visited her website. I wasn’t interested in her work because I had been there-done that years ago. In other words, she was never on my radar, but somehow I ended up on hers. I found out about it through other people. I paid it very little attention and stayed focused on what I could create, offer, and share in the world, including publishing my first book.
Then a trend started to emerge.
|Posted on November 27, 2017 at 1:10 PM|
Does it appear that "everyone else" is making more money, increasing their email list subscribers, hitting the highest numbers, and succeeding easily right now?
The Comparison Game is rampant these days, and yet there are mindful ways to stop it in its tracks.
It is important to remain present and powerful in what YOU are doing - and to understand that all that glitters is not gold out there.
I'll share with you ways to validate what you are doing and turn your attention away from what others are experiencing in this new podcast episode.
Business and Books with Molly McCord is my new endeavor for awake and conscious entrepreneurs and authors - is that you?
If so, join me for a new Business-oriented podcast every Monday.
I'll share inspiring, real world stories every week about clients, readers, business and books to support building your dream career. We'll discuss Business and Books topics to help you grow as an entrepreneur, author, solopreneur, healer, or anyone offering their gifts to the world. With over 25 years of sales, marketing and business experience, Molly shares with you realistic insights, tips, training, and guidance to ensure your vision grows and expands with practical application and understanding.
|Posted on November 21, 2017 at 12:50 PM|
Every woman is her own heroine. Every female can be powerful, happy, and successful by creating the best possible life for herself and her family. Every person has gifts to share and ways to serve her local community. And we can make this philosophy a true reality by actively participating in global sisterhood!
You can change the life of a woman in meaningful, practical ways that will get you moving towards your dreams, too. If she can make this commitment to her life, what can you do to create what you want for yourself, your children, and your community?
The ultimate gift is that YOU become a catalyst for her, which then ripples out to her family and community.
You become a catalyst for change in a long-term way that improves the lives of many. And she also becomes a catalyst for you and what you can achieve in your life.
I connected with my first sister in Rwanda just as she began enrollment in the year-long program. She shared her dreams and goals for improving her life, including the possibilities for her child, and we regularly exchange correspondence as a form of encouragement for both of us. This program is definitely a two-way street, let me tell ya!
She inspires me to no end with her resilience, strength, and courage; I hope I can offer a fraction of that energy back to her.
As you read more stories below and connect with Women for Women’s work, I hope it motives you to participate in improving the lives of our sisters around the world.
Please know that women are eagerly waiting to enroll in this program – we just need more sponsors like you who care deeply about women supporting other women!
Let's do this!
|Posted on November 19, 2017 at 10:10 AM|
Give a paperback copy to her &
Receive a free Kindle download for you &
Benefit women worldwide!
1. Buy one or more paperback copies of Modern Heroine Soul Stories on Amazon (U.S. site only).
2. After purchasing a paperback copy, download the Kindle version for FREE. You'll see the free download on Amazon like this:
3. Benefit women worldwide with every paperback purchase for #givingtuesday!
All book royalties donated to Women for Women International.
Thank you for giving big with us on #givingtuesday!
- Offer available only on Amazon.com in the United States.
- Paperback copy must be bought from Amazon directly and no other vendor.
- Paperback copy and Kindle download must be completed through the same Amazon account.
- Free Kindle download only available until November 30, 2017.
- One free Kindle download per a purchase, no matter how many paperbacks are purchased.
- Offer available through Kindle Matchbook program. Please click on link for more questions.
|Posted on November 17, 2017 at 5:20 PM|
What is it really like being an astrologer when so many people don't understand, or even want to understand, what you do?
How do you discuss this topic with people?
Do you ever get attacked, insulted, or called names?
Is it hard at times in our world to practice an ancient art?
Here we go! In this special show, I'm pulling back the curtains to share with you some of my behind-the-scenes experiences of this profession.
And not only will I share with you some of the challenges that can come up with this work, I am going to tell you straight up exactly why I LOVE doing this job and why it is the best thing that has ever happened to me.