|Posted on March 23, 2019 at 11:45 AM|
|Posted on March 15, 2019 at 12:30 PM|
With over 30,000 copies of The Art of Trapeze downloaded, I have a few things to share with you about writing a memoir.
Top 10 Thoughts On Writing A Memoir, Putting It Out Into The World, and Realizing People Read It
1. You'll only feel good about what you write if it comes from your heart, which feels like a big-fat-giant risk at first. However, there are enough ego-based books out there, full of platitudes and typical outcomes and mainstream advice so trust that what you authentically share is relatable to YOUR peeps (not everyone, just YOUR peeps who are on the same wave length).
2. You'll hate the book a million times before you hit publish on Amazon. It will be in the trash, the gutter, and heavily edited many times as you wrestle with what to say. The creative process is never dull.
3. Private messages from readers will touch you. Discussing depression, success, love, adventure, emotional vulnerabilities, and fears on paper will push you deeper into yourself. It will all sound crazy and lonely at times, until you receive unexpected feedback, such as:
"Molly, This book is going to stay with me for a while. Thank you for its gifts."
"I have experienced many of the things you shared in your memoir, but as a male, it isn't socially acceptable for me to put it out there."
"Your words inspired me to heal something I've been avoiding. I also shared this book with my best friend, I hope you don't mind."
4. An author never minds if you share their book with your best friends.
5. It will be the worst book in the world to some reviewers. Bad reviews are part of being a public artist; it comes with the territory. (Personal attacks, unfortunately, are standard these days for authors. I have seen a lot of slander and mean things written for numerous memoirs. Readers are smart; they see through this when they are your peeps.)
6. It will be the best book in the world to other reviewers. Just do not tell these people about Hemingway, Angelou, Thoreau, Joyce, Theroux, Whitman, Kingsolver, Harper Lee, Dr. Seuss, etc.
7. Neither being the best nor the worst will be true. You'll just be the best writer you could have been at that time.
8. With a memoir, your children will see the truth of who you were back when you were young, adventurous, foolish, unrestrained, and open to the world. Perhaps you will have forgotten this version of yourself, too, until you catch a brief glimpse of the book cover somewhere out in the world.
9. At the end of your life, you'll be proud that you took a shot and contributed a small fraction of a small life story to the larger whole of storytelling.
10. Take the risk to go deeper. Memoirs have the power to intimately connect with a reader. Honor this opportunity in the best way you can. Life is a grand adventure, so why not put yourself out there just a bit more, trusting we have more in common than we realize.
|Posted on March 7, 2019 at 3:05 AM|
|Posted on February 28, 2019 at 6:30 PM|
|Posted on February 20, 2019 at 12:35 PM|
|Posted on February 18, 2019 at 12:15 PM|
The brightest light we carry is the one that resides eternally in our hearts. It cannot be extinguished, lessened or dimmed by anything other than our own intentions. It is always aglow and ready to burst forth with a beauty that creates an energy beyond measurement. This is the light you are here to share.
Your light is composed of everything that has happened to you in your life and it is what you offer to the world. Each soul has a light that is unique, like DNA and fingerprints, and it can never be duplicated. Your light is created by everything that makes up you: the history, family, talents, challenges, perspectives and relationships you have experienced all contribute to your light essence beyond what the mind can decipher. Even your culture, appearance and physical abilities have been selectively chosen as a part of your light. You are here to share your light in an effortless and glorious way.
As you allow your natural essence to shine forth, you will be your natural self in easier ways. You will feel smoother transitions as your light glides and guides you through different relationships, places, and phases of life that you have outgrown. You will see the beauty of each of these parts of you as they end, and your spirit goes on to the next level of development. The light of your heart will effortlessly guide the way. There is no darkness when you carry this lantern. There is no fear.
|Posted on February 15, 2019 at 10:00 AM|
Peace. Forgiveness. Adventure. Compassion. Love. Healing. Consciousness. Abundance.
The grand journey of consciousness culminates with an exciting travel adventure!
From the frostbite blizzards of St. Petersburg to the warm tropical breezes of Hawaii; from an isolated barren desert in Africa to a quiet French village on the outskirts of civilization; and from the extreme conditions under a bustling geisha house to a heroine’s grand transformation along the banks of the Nile, get ready for an inspiring collection of soul-evolving experiences.
Your Soul is composed of layers and imprints of wisdom that are all ready to be embraced now – but are you looking in the right places? Do you see what is currently present in yourself as messages about your power? Are you connecting with the truth of who you truly are and owning the beauty of your limitless Soul?
The Unlimited Sparks of a Bonfire is filled with spiritual connections, healing, passion, forgiveness, love, emotional depths, peace, and unexpected wisdom to connect you more personally with your greater Soul discovery.
You are here to heal all energies back to their original source of Love, and in this lifetime, you have everything you need to fulfill that mission - right here, right now.
The Unlimited Sparks of a Bonfire, Book Three in the Awakening Consciousness Series, takes you even deeper into the understandings of your Soul’s energy.
Now available as an audio book, too, if that's your preference. The narrator is INCREDIBLE in telling these stories!
|Posted on January 29, 2019 at 8:40 AM|
“If you can see your path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it's not your path.
Your own path you make with every step you take.
That's why it's your path.”
~ Joseph Campbell
Briiiiing on the trailblazing! The leaps of faith! The giant doses of trust! A soul adventure unfolding!
Briiiing on the elevations to higher level of consciousness!
You, as a soul, are here to RISE up to incredible heights of joy, peace, happiness, success, and abundance.
It's a celebration lifetime like no other - and the time is now for your soul's growth in new ways.
But questions come up along the way. Many, many questions and inquiries and thoughts.
So I put together a guidebook for your soul's growth based on known principles and the introduction of original concepts, definitions, and understandings to cohesively bring in all of your soul's energy.
Like soul contracts. Soul agreements. Karmic relationships. Soul groups. The spiral and the elevator. Past life connections. 5 types of consciousness. And a lot spiritual wisdom to guide you through multiple stages of soul growth.
She can't wait for you to arrive and for the journey to begin.
|Posted on January 11, 2019 at 2:10 PM|
Pakhet has always found solace in the Great River, and on one fateful night under the Full Moon’s light, it is the Nile that saves her life as she must escape the danger brewing within her family.
She is pushed to the edge of her fears, and with only her dead mother as a whispering guide, Pakhet must trust herself more than ever before to claim all of her Divine Feminine power and embrace the mystical teachings she has studied for years.
Will she make it through the turmoil and become her own heroine? Or will she be pulled under by power, ego, and dominant men?
When dark forces are working against you, it is time to make a choice to be stronger and bolder as you stand in the knowingness of your soul’s light.
Includes spiritual perspectives on Spiritual Independence, Stepping Into Greater Personal Power, Family Soul Contracts, Rebirthing While In Human Form, and Awakening Consciousness.
This complete story with spiritual teachings is a single chapter from the full version of “The Unlimited Sparks of a Bonfire”.
|Posted on January 10, 2019 at 12:45 PM|
And those are the best kinds of whispers!
|Posted on January 8, 2019 at 7:35 PM|
|Posted on December 14, 2018 at 11:15 AM|
Everything in the Universe continuously changes form - so why wouldn't you?
As a soul, you have had numerous experiences here that have helped you grow, learn, heal, and experience all energies for greater wisdom.
Reincarnation and our past lives are wonderful teachers for understanding who you are in this lifetime, as well as the lessons you are experiencing, karma you are balancing, and how to consciously work with the highest possible energies.
In this episode, we take a look at our bigger soul journeys and how we return to this crazy human playground to create the life of our dreams. Listen here!
|Posted on December 1, 2018 at 10:40 AM|
If you're looking for an all-in-one resource to understanding the complexities and simplicities of spiritual growth, this book by Sanaya Roman has everything: how to be your Higher Self in everyday life, how to manifest what you truly desire easily, how to work with light for healing and instant energy, and how to connect with the Universal Mind for greater creativity. Plus so much more!
The book is divided into three sections with seven chapters each: Reaching Upward, Opening Inward, and Expanding Outward. Each chapter contains insightful information, quotes and meditation suggestions about the ongoing journey of spiritual growth and how we can keep moving into higher consciousness.
I've been reading a chapter a night before going to sleep to connect with the highest possible energies in my dream state. There is calmness that takes over as I turn each page because it's not simply words I'm reading; it's thoughts I'm re-membering. All of it makes comforting sense to who I am as a Soul and I love the process of re-membering more.
The reviews and quotes by other readers are amazing!
"It has empowered me to be who I am and speak my truth."
"Serenity and a sense of wholeness."
"I feel expansive and clear more frequently."
"I feel like I am finally coming home. Things make more sense, and I have answers to my questions."
If you follow this blog, you may have seen that I have recommended other books by Sanaya Roman before - she and her messages are consistently excellent. May this one resonate with you and your journey.
|Posted on November 28, 2018 at 10:20 AM|